Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pea Soup #10




Ok, So if you didn't notice, "Gramps" had a heart attack and dies. Why? Why did I do it? Well.. 'Pea Soup' was a learning experience and a "pushing" experience for me. Not only did I adapt my comic format to an irregular size, but I've also pushed away from always using medium distance framing. ( which Pea Soup #10 is a Medium distance, but its not a standard for Pea Soup) In the end I thought I'd push just a little more and have "Gramps" have a heart attack, because it may just be the most "uncomic" thing to do. I wonder if its been done at all before this? Well.. for comics with main characters anyways.

OH!! If you think you've caught a mistake I made by having him grab his right chest instead of his left (left being the side with the heart), you may just have. I intentionally did this because I decided I would look better to have him grab with his right arm. Most people wouldn't grab with thier left arm, but unfortunatly "Gramps" arm isn't long enough to reach. oh well.

2 comments:

Chad said...

BULL CRAP. That is totally bull crap. You know full well that you screwed up, you didn't think ahead. He should be reaching for his heart with his LEFT hand. You made a mistake, admit it. This is one of the greatest problems with the world, both in our everyday lives, politics, economics, etc. We refuse to admit when we screw up, which you did, royally. Stop being part of the problem, and be part of the solution.

And plus, whats up with killing gramps? I'm pretty sure that this is a horrible comic, and a horrible way to end a career at Messiah (that is if you graduate.)

Chad said...

Plus you misspelled words. I can't believe that the editor let this in the newspaper. I'm thinking that perhaps some cronyism was taking place? 3 Strikes and this cartoon is OUT.