Thursday, March 8, 2007

PeaSoup




This is my first attempt ever at a 3-panelled comic. I started this series of comic for Messiah Colleges newspaper, "The Swinging Bridge". I figuresd a Comic about the differences in generations would be fun in a college newspaper.

Originally I was going to call the cartoon, "Gramps" because even though its about the gaps between generations in America, I wanted to let the readers know that the old guy was the main character. I decided that "Gramps" just didn't sound good and it was a little too strait forward. So I came up with "Pea Soup". There's some kind of expression about situations being as clear as pea soup, and this comic was going to be about two generations who can't see eye-to-eye. Plus, pea soup is a soup that older people tend to eat, so it does the job of letting you know who the main character is.

No comments: